Barbara and President George H.W. Bush Atrium
Before the country lost one of its most beloved first ladies on April 17, 2018, the Bushes honored Houston Methodist by allowing us to name the Barbara and President George H.W. Bush Atrium in the Walter Tower in celebration of them and their love and respect for Houston Methodist. A symbol of hope, healing and faith, the beautiful, expansive atrium houses the newly relocated and restored “Extending Arms of Christ” mosaic. The comforting space is the hub of the new Walter Tower, a meeting place for patients, families, physicians, researchers and staff to gather for strength, for camaraderie and for reflection.
Admired by Houston, our nation and throughout the world, the Bushes have left a lasting mark upon society and committed their lives to improving the world for future generations. Houston Methodist is truly blessed to have the Bush family in our lives. Through their friendship and generosity, First Lady Barbara Bush, President George H.W. Bush and the Bush family are indelibly linked to the past and future of our hospital.
For more information, contact 832.563.7618 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a treasured member of our community, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to make a philanthropic commitment, all or in part, to honor the Bushes.
- All gifts will be acknowledged
- Commitments of $250,000 and above will be included in the commemorative plaques to be installed in the Bush Atrium next to the Bushes’ portrait
- Commitments can be pledged for up to five years
- Gifts can be directed to any program and any Houston Methodist hospital the contributor desires and, if not directed, will go toward the Excellence Fund and the hospital’s highest priorities
- It is recommended that a minimum of sixty percent of each gift be endowed
- Gifts to honor the Bushes will be accepted from Fall 2017 through the end of 2019